KLD Engineering PC, looking for a Traffic Engineer I to perform the following job duties:
• Work as part of a team, also independently in learning, evaluating, and applying Traffic Engineering and ITS principles, standards, and criteria.
• Assist in emerging transportation technology such as connected and automated vehicles and its security related research and development
• Provide support for traffic engineering software development and testing
• Learn and utilize various modeling tools for traffic analyses (Synchro/SimTraffic, AIMSUN, TransModeler, VISSIM) for a variety of conditions and needs at specific intersections, along arterial corridors, and for freeway segments.
• Assist in performing various Traffic Engineering studies such as micro-simulation analyses and studies, intersection and corridor operational analyses, evaluation of existing signal timing operations, and development, implementation and fine-tuning of optimized signal timings.
• Collects, computes and compiles traffic data; assist in performing data analytics and evaluating trends using big data sources.
• Assist with field work or field data collection such as traffic counts, traffic observations etc. as needed and required for traffic study/design and analyses.
• Travel within NYC and neighboring areas when required for field survey/data collection.
• Assist in preparing technical reports, papers, and presentations for clients and/or internal distribution.
• Assists in composing and reviewing Request for Proposal (RFP), or similar documents, for vendor selection;
• Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor or project manager.
Required Qualifications: Bachelor degree in Civil Engineering or Transportation Engineering or Transportation Planning.