KLD Engineering, P.C. is a small business incorporated in the State of New York. KLD focuses its practice on: (1) traffic engineering/ITS, (2) evacuation and emergency planning, (3) GIS and other activities in support of these themes.
KLD is looking for a Senior Traffic Engineer to support projects in traffic engineering, and emergency planning. KLD’s offices are in Islandia, NY. However, we are currently operating in a remote capacity.
- Work on Development and usage of regional planning models to forecast travel demand (Trip Tables)
- Work on Traffic impact studies, mitigation, and maintenance and protection of traffic (MPT)
- Work on Traffic signal systems: retiming, transit signal priority, adaptive control
- Responsible for Operational analysis of design alternatives: surface street, bridges, tunnels, border crossings, Traffic simulation and visualization, Toll facilities.
- Work on Signal Retiming – NYCDOT agency wide, multiple corridors
- Adaptive Control Decision Support System (ACDSS) for NYCDOT – adaptive signal control based on real time field detector data
- Work on Transit Signal Priority (TSP)
- Work on Traffic analyses to support air and noise quality studies, Speed and Delay Studies.
- Traffic simulation models are used to quantify effects and create visuals for analyses
- Analyzation freeway interchanges, arterials, corridors, toll plazas, border crossings and pedestrian modeling
- Work on mitigation, maintenance, and protection of traffic
- Perform Truck berth operations for market/distribution centers
- Work on 3-D visualizations for decision makers
- Work on life-like visuals for public hearings and public information meetings
- Responsible for customized simulation model plug-in development, training and support
- Electronic toll collection strategies and operations
- Optimize number, mix and placement of toll lanes
- Anticipate and solve operational problems
- Construction and reconstruction strategies
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil or Transportation Engineering
- Enthusiastic learner
- Excellent verbal and written communicator
In addition to a great culture and collaborative team environment, we offer:
- Medical, vision, dental insurance, with a portion of the premium paid by KLD 90 days after your date of hire
- Company provided employee accidental death and dismemberment insurance
- Company provided short term and long-term disability
- Company matched 401k program
- Flexible spending accounts
- Flexible work hours and ability to work from home
- Generous paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
KLD Engineering, P.C. is an equal opportunity employer. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals regardless of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, domestic abuse status, veteran’s status, military status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state of local law. Interested candidates may send resumes to email@example.com.