KLD Engineering, P.C. is a small business incorporated in the State of New York. KLD focuses its practice on: (1) traffic engineering/ITS, (2) evacuation and emergency planning, (3) GIS and other activities in support of these themes.
KLD is looking for an entry-level candidate to support projects in traffic engineering, and emergency planning at its Islandia, NY office.
The Traffic Engineer position entails data and traffic analysis, traffic modeling, development of presentation and report materials. This job includes some travel to conduct surveys, therefore a current driver’s license is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering
- Enthusiastic learner
- Excellent verbal and written communicator
- Experience with Microsoft Office
Useful Additional Skills and Qualifications:
- M.S. in Civil or Transportation Engineering
- Engineer in Training (passed FE exam)
- Traffic simulation modeling experience
- Experience with GIS, AutoCAD or similar tools
In addition to a great culture and collaborative team environment, we offer:
- Medical, vision, dental insurance, with a portion of the premium paid by KLD 90 days after your date of hire
- Company provided employee accidental death and dismemberment insurance
- Company provided short term and long-term disability
- Spouse & child life insurance
- Company matched 401k program
- Flexible spending accounts
- Flexible work hours and ability to work from home
- Generous paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
KLD Engineering, P.C. is an equal opportunity employer. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals regardless of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, domestic abuse status, veteran’s status, military status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state of local law.
Interested candidates may send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.